10.12.2006

Props to MinusCar

So, I was reading MinusCar yesterday and noticed that he had added `Stories of Cultural Vertigo` to his list of links. すごい! Sugoi...cool.

Check out his site, he has some interesting thoughts on living without a car, christianity and social responsibility...here is a quote from his most recent post...

`18 months ago I discovered that not doing anything and not saying anything was no longer going to work for me. I took a baby step: a blog for saying things, and a commitment to a bicycle for doing things. The MinusCar Project does not exist in a vacuum and some people close to me might be hoping I don’t fall down the stairs.Doing things and saying things is risky. What if I do the wrong thing? What if I say the wrong thing? I’ll be uncomfortable.Comfort. Nothing has devastated the environment more than my need to be comfortable. Nothing has devastated my relationship with the 2/3’s world more than my need to be comfortable. Nothing has allowed my government more free reign than my need to be comfortable. Nothing cheapens my relationships with my wife, my The Boys or my friends more than my need to be comfortable. Nothing has done more damage to my body and my health than my need to be comfortable. Shall I go on?Nothing has diminished my relationship with my God more than my need to be comfortable.Tomorrow I will ride to work, possibly in the snow, some people will percieve this as discomfort.`

Thanks for the link!

3 comments:

mytzpyk said...

No, no, no. Thank YOU!

:)

Anonymous said...

Minuscar's blog causes me to rethink the way I live. It might even change the way I think about Christians, but I'm still not sure about that.

woodog

Vertigo said...

If only more people would actually think...

thanks for dropping by.