12.06.2006

Same Sex Marriage

From the mind of CS Lewis...

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

And elsewhere...

To be ignorant and simple now; not to be able to meet the enemies on their own ground would be to throw down our weapons and to betray our uneducated bretheren who have, under God, no defense but us against the intellectual heathen. Good philosophy must exist, if for no other reason because bad philosophy needs to be answered.



2 comments:

Laurel-Anne said...

My Quote Genie gave me this yesterday (somewhat related because I thought of ssm when I read it):
"Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong."

**That probably shouldn't be in quotation marks because I'm going from memory and may not have it exactly right. I can't remember who said it either.

sans auto said...

Wait, I thought we lived in a democracy, don't we vote on what is right and wrong... can't we call that gospel?

I hope the sarcasm was apparent.